|Job Title:||Chempac Chemist|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2017 11:37|
JOB TITLE Chempac Chemist (Mobile Chemist)
LOCATION Fawley, Southampton
SALARY Competitive salary & great benefits package
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They are looking to recruit a Chempac Chemist to join a developing Small Collections and MTS Operational Team in Fawley near Southampton.
Working under the general supervision of the Operations Manager the Chempac Chemist will be responsible for the organisation and coordination of hazardous waste collections from customer's facilities. The MTS service operates from the Fawley site although applicants should be prepared to stay out overnight when required.
As Chempac Chemist you will be responsible for:
- Collecting hazardous waste from customer sites, ensuring that is packaged and segregated suitable for transportation.
- Identify and list all wastes as required
- Dealing with customers.
- Sampling hazardous waste for correct storage.
Qualifications & Experience
In order to be considered for this role it is important you meet the following criteria:
- Hold a BSc/HND/HNC in Chemistry or a similar scientific subject e.g. environmental science
- Be technically competent in the safe handling of hazardous waste.
- Experience of packing hazardous waste for transportation and onward waste routing.
- Computer literate with SAP and MS Office software, particularly Excel.
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role as you will be required to travel to customer sites.
Competitive salary plus great benefits package including, pension, Life Assurance Scheme Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
If you would like apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's