Chemist - New Biomass Power Plant
|Job Title:||Chemist - New Biomass Power Plant|
|Location:||Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2018 15:35|
Site Chemist - New Build Biomass Power Plant
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are recruiting for a Chemist to join the team at a newly constructed Biomass power station in Middlesbrough. Utilising the latest clean energy technology, the Power Station will use the world's largest circulating fluidised bed boiler. Fuelled by biomass pellets this will produce 299MW of electricity, enough power for up to 600,000 homes.
As the station Chemist, you will be responsible for the management of plant chemistry and environmental management on site. They will also provide technical support to the O&M teams and ensure compliance across all permits including the Environmental Permit.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager as Site Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and technical support on aspects of chemistry including water and steam chemistry, fuel quality etc.
- Ensuring that process chemistry is given the highest level of priority by consistently reviewing chemistry issues with the operations and maintenance teams.
- Ensuring the power station is operated within the discharge consents and site licence issued by the local Environment Agency
- Management of the greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and reporting
- Produce a chemical monitoring matrix which will include all the recommended continuous online and daily lab analysis information
- Manage the department budget, procure chemicals and oversee deliveries for site and laboratory analysis services.
- Maintain receipt and consumption register of bulk chemicals delivered to the site
- Develop and maintenance the sites Intergrated and Environmental Management System and maintain to ISO14001 standards.
- Performing laboratory analysis as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least an HNC level qualification in Chemistry or a similar scientific subject e.g. Environmental Science etc
- At least 3 years of experience in a Chemistry based role in a power station or similar heavy process environment involving water steam cycles e.g. chemical plant, refinery etc.
- A strong appreciation of health and safety aspects on site. An IOSH or NEBOSH would be beneficial
- Working experience of environmental permits, discharge consents (PPC), quality management systems and environmental legislation.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package including Pension
- Opportunity to join the worlds largest Biomass Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Manager - New Biomass Plant
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Car & Bonus
EC&I Engineer - Biomass Power Station
Instrument Technician - Biomass Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Bonus + overtime + pension
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Contracts Manager - Biomass