Chemical / Technical Assessor
|Job Title:||Chemical / Technical Assessor|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||June 02, 2017 09:07|
JOB TITLE Technical Assessor
LOCATION Fawley, Southampton
SALARY Competitive salary & great benefits package
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They require a Technical Assessor to join their team in Fawley near Southampton. This will be a combined position carrying out both Production Administration and Technical Assessment roles.
To ensure, from a technical assessment standpoint, compliance with current legislation and company procedures for all waste quotations and company technical assessment actions.
Working in a team with the site management and operational personnel carrying out site administrative tasks and SAP-based processes for site waste receipt management and dispatch. To liaise closely with the Central Customer Services function to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Technically assess waste enquiries generated by the sales staff
- Ensure compliance with current legislation for all waste quotations
- Perform the sales order "approval stage"
- Mange sample receipt/liaise with lab to ensure correct analysis is undertaken
- Cover production administration function as required.
- Ensure compliance of all waste quotes with site permits & waste management licences.
- Liaise with internal and external laboratories where sample analysis is required.
- Identify appropriate disposal routes for all packaged waste.
- To ensure that customers' requirements are met by providing the pivotal link between central customer services, group transport and site operations.
- To assist with the maintenance and control of the site management systems, to include document control, preparation of data and attending reviews where necessary.
- To log NCRs, and to assist in their resolution, completing & filing NCR documents, liaising with relevant personnel.
To be considered for this position:
The ideal candidate will possess a good telephone manner, be organised and efficient and have good administrative skills, including experience of word processing and data spreadsheets.
Experience of SAP along with a full, clean driving licence will be an advantage.
- Chemistry degree/HNC or equivalent
- Experience in the waste industry, both hazardous and non-hazardous is desirable.
- Experience of waste legislation: consignment notes, EWC codes, permit & SIC numbers etc. is desirable.
- Knowledge of the local industrial waste market is desirable, but not essential
Competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, health & life assurance.
If you would like apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Effluent Treatment Chemist
Waste Management Consultant
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Company Car + Bonus
HWRS Supervisor - Brighton
Brighton, East Sussex
£23000 - £25000 per annum
Arae Sales Manager - Healthcare
South West England, England