Chemical Process Engineer
|Job Title:||Chemical Process Engineer|
|Location:||Rye, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2017 16:47|
JOB TITLE Chemical Process Engineer
LOCATION East Sussex
SALARY Competitive salary + Pension + Life Assurance + Discretionary Bonus
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They require a Chemical Process Engineer to provide support and assistance to the Chemical Processing Site on all aspects of process safety, ensuring engineering standards are fully implemented and maintained & provide relevant guidance and support to the site engineering team.
- To provide support and assistance to Site on all aspects of process safety
- Ensure engineering standards are fully implemented and maintained at sites, provide relevant guidance and support to site engineering team
- To assist in the scoping, design, installation & commissioning of new projects
- Energy management
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Lead Process Safety Management closely liaising with and supporting Engineering teams;
- Oversee and control an effective and up to date hazard identification and risk assessment programme (HazID, HazOp, LOPA, SIL);
- Oversee the management of process safety risk across the Site
- Oversee suitable and demonstrable design and effective implementation of risk reduction measures to "as low as reasonably practicable"
- Liaise with authorities, regulatory and other bodies to ensure legal compliance;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the Safety Reports;
- Performance Indicators, prepare monthly reports to the Site Manager
- Keep abreast of legislative and technical changes with potential to effect the operation of the business, where appropriate report on relevant issues with recommendations and guidance on actions to be taken.
- Conduct regular audits of sites to monitor site performance against standards
- Identify any areas in which sites are not compliant with standards and suggest solutions and improvements
- To assist in the development of new plant and processes. Identify necessary process plant and produce estimated project costs.
- Perform and / or assist the design and installation of new projects as required, ensuring new installations comply with the relevant standards and procedures.
- Propose and implement effective design solutions to address process and production needs.
- Ability to work unsupervised & self-motivated
- Team player and leader
- Flexible approach to work
- Chemicals manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing operational experience including manufacturing improvement and delivery of measurable business benefits.
- Experienced & effective problem solver, leading problem solving teams both cross-functional and within Production, Engineering and Technical functions providing analytical solutions & effective actions
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing improvement strategies and approaches (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, FMEA etc.)
- Financial awareness for cost and budgeting control
- Good planning skills
- Knowledge and experience of relevant H&S and Environmental Legislation
- Well-developed IT skills (including MS Office, CAD)
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of batch & continuous distillation processes operations
- Practical experience in a process industry environment
- Engineering requirements of the COMAH regulations
Very competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, health & life assurance.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak with Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maintenance Technician - Heavy Process
£28000 - £31000 per annum + Company Benefits
£34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Workshop Vehicle Engineer
Workshop Vehicle Engineer
Proposals Engineer -Renewable Energy/Environmental
£25000 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits