Carrier Manager - Rochester - 3PL - Up to 50k+
|Job Title:||Carrier Manager - Rochester - 3PL - Up to 50k+|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus & car|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2017 14:50|
Job Title: Carrier Manager - 3PL - Up to £50k plus car & bonus
Location: Rochester based - Nationwide coverage
Salary: Up to £50k, with car & bonus
Our client is one of UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management specialists. With an impressive portfolio of EFW and Recycling Facilities situated around the UK and a broad range of clients from both a municipal and commercial perspective logistics plays a key part of their business and as such means they are looking for a Carrier Manager to help drive their 3PL business forward in 2018.
The Carrier Manager role
Reporting into the Head of Bulk Logistics you be tasked with heading up the Carrier selection, management and control process across the business. In this highly visible position you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with the Hauliers concerned, analysing performance and ensuring expectations are met across the board. This will involve:
- Manage Bulk Logistics relationship with Carriers (Hauliers) to compliance with legislative, statutory and Company requirements
- Be an effective contributor and key member of the operational and improvement team.
- Drive key logistics centralisation and cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop the carrier partnering capability in line with the Company's strategic aims.
- Define and adopt the Carrier selection, management and control process
- Facilitate processes and ways of working between carriers, plants, sales and logistics to deliver optimal compliant operational solutions and tactical change
- Be a key representative of the business to both existing and potential hauliers.
The ideal Logistics Carrier Manager must be able to demonstrate the following
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislative (e.g. H&S, environmental, transport) and technological constraints and developments.
- Proven track record of carrier operational and commercial management Specific successful senior level experience of transport operations in a 3PL / Haulier environment
- Extensive commercial contracting and contract management
- Track record of identifying and delivering solutions and improvements
- Multi-Site Operational experience at a Senior level.
- Full driving licence and willing / able to cover the whole of the UK
- Appropriate IOSH qualification
In return for your hard work and diligence they can offer a competitive salary of up to £50k with a substantial bonus, car allowance and additional benefits to match an appointment of this level.
Not only does this present you with a first-class opportunity to join on of the UK's most highly regarded Waste Specialists but you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package in line with a position of this seniority. The business are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are taking positive steps to ensure this approach is embraced across the business. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - Waste Management - Berkshire - Up to £48k
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + Car & Bonus
Landfill Gas Manager - Sheffield - Up to £30k plus car
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Car and pension
Head of Quality, Compliance and Risk - Rochester - £75K
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Project Development Engineer - South East - Up to £38k
South East England, England
£33000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Weighbridge Operator - Didcot - Recycling Plant - Up to £30k