|Job Title:||CAD Technician|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kate Tyrrell|
|Job Published:||June 6, 2019|
3D CAD (BIM) Technician - Renewable Energy
Up to £50,000 DOE
Experienced 3D CAD (BIM) Technician sought by leading organisation in the Anaerobic Digestion part of the renewable energy sector. The CAD Technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing/updating layout and installation drawings for projects, preparing process plant and pipework drawings, working to and developing internal BIM guidelines and procedures for CAD data management, and managing their own workload.
As a CAD Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare dimensional layout drawings, installation drawings and more complex 3D drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes.
- Review plans, specifications and other customer documentation.
- Revise and update drawings for manufacturing / assembly.
- Responsible for implementing Revit standards, templates, and Revit family creation.
- Preparation of Coordination drawings for consultant approval & site execution.
- Modelling of Mechanical, Piping, Ductwork, Electrical Containment, Lighting, Power, Fire Fighting & water supply systems.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of third-party items and services data.
- Follow filing procedures for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 3D Modelling, detailing and clash detection experience using appropriate software.
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software essential.
- Experience in equipment layout for municipal and industrial construction projects.
- Experience in equipment/plant layout relating to food waste anaerobic digestion and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Experience with Product Data Management (PDM) software.
- Proficient in commercial 2D & 3D CAD packages such as Inventor, Revit and Solidworks.
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
This role offers an excellent remuneration package with a basic of up to £50k. Our Client is at an exciting stag of growth whilst focusing on projects in the UK and Globally. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of their success as you make your mark on their pipeline of design, build and operational projects.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 221 600.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.