|Job Title:||C&I Technician - Power Station|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 8, 2019|
C&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Competitive salary + Bonus + Benefits
We are recruiting for a C&I Technician to join a newly built, 40MW, Biomass Power Station located in South Wales. Fuelled using waste wood, the plant produces enough power for 78,000 and saving 150,000 tons of CO2 on an annual basis.
As the C&I Technician you'll be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance across a variety of plant which does include Electrical equipment and Control System maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the O&M Manager, as an Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the power station
- Fault finding/maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level & flow) and control systems
- Calibrating instrumentation
- Programming the sites DCS and other PLC systems
- Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally an HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- Have significant experience working with PLC's, Control Systems, DCS, SCADA and Instrumentation
- At least 3 years' experience on a power station or other heavy process plants such as petrochemical, refinery or pharmaceutical in C&I maintenance
- Instrumentation Bias
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive starting salary
- A performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.