C&I Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||C&I Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£37000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2017 16:14|
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£37,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Control & Instrument Technician to join the Maintenance Department for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a C&I Technician will include reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and preventative maintenance duties on all control and instrumentation equipment across the site.
- Fault finding/maintaining instrumentation (Pressure, temperature, level, flow etc)
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC equipment
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Providing support to the Operations & Maintenance Team
- Assisting in plant shutdowns and outages
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least three years' experience in a maintenance department in a Process Environment with hands on experience on Control Systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC's) and Instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc) equipment
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
£40000 - £42500 per annum + benefits
Assistant Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
£33000 - £35000.00 per annum + 10% bonus, pension