C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2018 15:11|
Control & Instrumentation Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Circa £38,000 + benefits
We are recruiting a Control & Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a relatively new energy from waste power station in Worcestershire. This plant combusts 200,000 tonnes of municipal waste per year and produces in excess of 16MW to export to the national grid. The C&I Technicians will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities instrumentation and control systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the C&I Engineer you will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all C&I assets across the plant. Typical duties will include:
- Fault finding, installing, maintaining and testing all control equipment as directed by the C&I Engineer
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Assist in outage planning and coordination
- Recommending plant spares to the C&I Engineer
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance
What you will need…
- A recognised electrical/C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- An HNC / ONC or equivalent in either electrical or C&I engineering
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience maintaining controls and instrumentation systems including DCS, SCADA and PLCs as well as instruments (pressure, temperature, flow etc)
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
What's in it for you…
- A salary up to circa £38,000
- Overtime paid at a rate of 1.5x
- Excellent company benefits
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry on a new facility
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Operations Technician - Power Station
EC&I Technician - Power Station
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension