|Job Title:||C&I Project Engineer - Power Station|
|Location:||South East London, London|
|Salary:||£50000 - £54000 per annum + 17.%% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2017|
C&I Project Engineer - Energy from Waste Power Station
Circa £54,000 + 17.5% Bonus + Benefits
South East London
We are currently recruiting for a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join the maintenance department of an energy from waste power station in the south of London. The C&I Engineer will be responsible for project work and maintenance tasks associated with the sites control systems and instrumentation.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, duties of the C&I Engineer will include but may not be limited to:
- Carry out project work and maintenance tasks, involving installation, calibration, commissioning, fault finding and routine maintenance of all C&I systems.
- Planning and developing maintenance activities relating to PLC's, DCS, instruments, sensors and control valves etc.
- Controlling and managing the C&I Maintenance Budget.
- Playing a lead role in developing and managing outages.
- Managing the day-to day activities of EC&I Technicians and 3rd party contractor when required.
- Update and manage the sites CMMS system (SAP) to record all maintenance activity
- Ensuring compliance with strict H&S rules and regulations at all times as well as company policies and procedures.
This is a project focused role as opposed to a man management position. The ability to work independently is important.
Qualifications & Requirements
To be considered for the C&I Engineer vacancy you must:
- Hold a relevant technical qualification at HNC level or equivalent in electrical/C&I engineering.
- Have previous experience in C&I Engineering in a heavy process environment. This may have been gained in a Power Station (Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear etc.), Chemical Plant, Refinery or Paper Mill etc.
- Have significant experience working with PLC's, DCS, instrumentation and CEMS equipment
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification and have a high regard for health and safety compliance at all times
Package & Benefits
We're offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the C&I Engineer vacancy as follows:
- A basic salary circa £54,000
- A bonus up to 17.5%
- Company pension
How to Apply
If you are interested in developing your career with a highly-desired employer within the Power Industry and an excellent benefits package, please get In touch with Steve Utton by either sending your CV and cover letter via email or contacting the office. Please see below contact details:
Phone: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.