|Job Title:||C&I Engineer - Power Generation|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, medical, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2018|
C&I Engineer - Power Generation
Up to £55,000 + bonus + healthcare + pension
UK wide (Wiltshire, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire and South Wales)
We are currently recruiting for a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to join the central engineering department of one the big six energy companies focusing on their power generation assets across the UK. The C&I Engineer will be responsible for design activities as well as site support, advice and guidance to help install, commission and optimise process control installations across the flee of plants. This role involves considerable travel where you will be required to spend time at other site locations across the UK roughly 50% of the time. This role will be based from the head office in Swindon, however there may be some flexibility over the candidate's base location.
Reporting to the C&I Department Head duties of the C&I Engineer will include but may not be limited to:
- Identifying opportunities to improve the fleets operational capability, working to support development and implementation of cost effective solutions to enhance operational flexibility
- Providing site specific technical support across the fleet covering functional safety, process control, application support and field equipment & instrumentation
- Providing advice and technical support to site engineers as required to identify the root cause of C&I problems and propose and implement solutions
- Taking the lead role in plant projects / control system upgrades, seeing the project through to completion ensuring this is done on time and within budget
This is a project focused role as opposed to a man management position. There is also considerable travel associated with this role, so candidates must consider this before applying.
Qualifications & Requirements
To be considered for this C&I Engineer vacancy you must:
- Ideally a degree level qualification or equivalent in electrical/C&I engineering.
- Previous experience in C&I Engineering in a heavy process environment. This may have been gained in a Power Station (Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear etc.), Chemical Plant, Refinery or Paper Mill etc.
- Experience or background in C&I projects would be beneficial to the role
- PSC7 experience would also be desirable
- Experience of critically reviewing and appraising technical documentation and specifications
- A full UK driving licence is required as this role involves travel to numerous sites
Package & Benefits
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the C&I Engineer vacancy as follows:
- A basic salary up to £55,000
- A bonus up to 15%
- The possibility of a car allowance (details TBC)
- Private healthcare
- Company pension
- Expenses covered for travel
How to Apply
To apply for this role or for more information please get in touch with Steve Utton by sending your CV and cover letter via email or contacting the office. Please see below contact details:
Phone: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.