C&I Engineer - New Biomass Power Plant
|Job Title:||C&I Engineer - New Biomass Power Plant|
|Location:||Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2018 17:14|
Control & Instrument Engineer - New Biomass Power Plant
Competitive Salary + benefits
Astute are working exclusively with the O&M Contractor on the world's largest Biomass Power Station in the North East of England. Our client are global experts in Clean Energy production, covering Solar, Wind, Hydro, Thermal, Nuclear and CHP sectors. Last year, globally, they produced over 73TWh of electricity with 61% of that CO2 free.
Utilising the latest clean energy technology, the Power Station will use the world's largest circulating fluidised bed boiler. Fuelled by biomass pellets this will produce 299MW of electricity, enough power for up to 600,000 homes.
This is an exciting project which puts the North East at the forefront of Energy production in what is a period of growth and investment for the region.
We are looking for an Controls & Instrument Engineer to oversee all C&I Engineering and Maintenance on site, ensuring maximum plant availability and reliability.
Equipment under your responsibility includes all DCS, PLC's and Instrumentation across the plant which includes the Steam Boiler (Circulating Fluidised Bed), Steam Turbines, Fuel Handling Systems and Balance of Plant equipment.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as C&I Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of electrical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all electrical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner including outages / shutdowns
- Managing and implement all calibration checks, ensuring this is documented and kept up to date in line with maintenance scheduling
- The maintenance and upkeep of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System, ensuring compliance with the Environmental Permit
- Review instrument and DCS data for reporting and testing
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Assist with the management of the maintenance budget
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Performing briefings, working alongside other disciplines to ensure work is carried out to reduce impact on plant availability
- Assisting in the setting up and development and maintenance of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised qualification in electrical / electronic engineering at HNC level or higher
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of equipment including DCS & PLC systems, Instrumentation (maintenance and calibration) which includes; Flow, Level, Pressure etc
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of CEMS (Continuous Emissions Monitoring equipment) and Environmental Permits
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in an industry such as Power Generation, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas etc.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential.
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new Biomass facility at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - Brand New Biomass Power Plant
Plant Manager - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Car & Bonus
Shift Operator x 5 - Biomass Power Plant
Project Engineer - Power Plants
£45000 - £50000 per annum + car + benefits
Lead Mechanical Engineer - Power Station