|Job Title:||C&I Craftsman - Thermal Power Station|
|Salary:||Allowances & Overtime|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 8, 2019|
Control & Instrument Craftsman - Thermal Power Station
Competitive Salary & Disturbance Allowance & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Control & Instrument Craftsman/Technician to join a large thermal Power Station in the Midlands, capable of producing enough power to supply over two millions homes.
The C&I Craftsman will work under the direction of the C&I Engineer and will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities instrumentation and control systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the C&I Engineer as a Control & Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems (PLCs', SCADA, DCS etc) through preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems (Siemens PCS7)
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS) to ensure compliance with the Environmental Permit
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- Health & Safety qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience maintaining, fault finding and calibrating controls systems including DCS, SCADA and PLCs as well as instruments (pressure, temperature, flow etc)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Disturbance allowance plus overtime
- Company Benefits including a Company Pension
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.