|Job Title:||BIM Modeller|
|Salary:||£30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Over|
|Job Published:||April 01, 2016 17:04|
Contract - 6 months
Rate - £30 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a CAD/BIM Modeller for a large Engineering Consultancy based in Cardiff. To be considered for this position the CAD Technician must have experience with BIM Modelling (Revit) and come from a Mechanical background with experience of MEP systems.
Reporting to the Design Manager the CAD Technician will be responsible for;
- Develop schematic and detailed level models, including modelling structure, interior and exterior architectural elements and MEP systems (as applicable);
- Identify conflicts, incomplete or ambiguous design information;
- Co-ordinate with BIM Consultants, Sub Contractors and Engineers;
- Create new library components;
- Co-ordinate with project team to subcontract assignments to outside vendors;
- Responsible as "Model Administrator" for assigned projects;
- Compile contract VC close out documentation.
- Produce quantity take-off reports;
- Produce analysis reports;
- Develop the design phase schedule and the modelling co-ordination schedule;
- Prepare 4D simulations as required;
- Attend and / or manage model co-ordination meetings and document project preconstruction / VC meetings and writing meeting minutes;
- Co-ordinate models with internal and subcontractor detailers and modellers record co-ordination and sign offs.
A degree or equivalent is essential and good working knowledge of Revit software. This is an urgent contract role and will be looking to interview on the week begging 11th April.
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.