Assistant Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Assistant Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste|
|Location:||East Lothian, Scotland|
|Salary:||£42000 - £42464.00 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2018 10:23|
Assistant Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
East Lothian, Scotland
Circa £42,400 + benefits
We are currently recruiting a number of Assistant Shift Team Leaders to join the operations department of a brand-new Energy from Waste power station in East Lothian, Scotland. The Assistant Shift Team Leader will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for supervising the shift teams ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant. The Assistant Shift Team Leader will be required, on occasions, to step up to the full STL role to cover for periods of sickness and holidays.
The Assistant Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of shift teams ensuring safe operations and maintenance of the EFW plant
- Maximising waste throughput and energy production
- On occasions, operate the DCS to start, stop and monitor turbines, boilers, pumps, water treatment plant and more
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safe systems of work as an authorised person (AP)
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Carrying out return to work discussions with team members returning from periods of absence
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Organise shift cover when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/C&G etc in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at PO level
- Excellent proven leadership and management skills / experience
- Knowledge and experience of using a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Assistant Shift Team Leader vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £42,400 inclusive of a shift allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Company pension
- The chance to join a brand-new energy from waste plant
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Up to £47000.00 per annum + bonus, pension
Day Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Shift Operator - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £27200.00 per annum + Benefits
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste
Up to £45900.00 per annum