|Job Title:||Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station|
|Salary:||£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2019|
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Up to £37,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Shift Team Leaders to join the operations department of a modern Biomass Power Station in South East Lincolnshire. The Assistant Shift Team Leader will need an adaptable approach and will be responsible for supervising the shift teams ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant. The Assistant Shift Team Leader will be required, on occasions, to step up to the full STL role to cover for periods of sickness and holidays.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader as the Assistant Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant when stepping up in to the STL role.
- Using a DCS system you will be required to start, stop and monitor turbines, boilers, pumps, water treatment plant and more.
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work.
- Taking part in first line maintenance activities, including plant inspections and ensuring maximum availability.
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as an C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least three years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at PO level
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary up to £37,000
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a modern Biomass Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.