Assistant Plant Operator x 5 - New Energy from Waste Plant
|Job Title:||Assistant Plant Operator x 5 - New Energy from Waste Plant|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2018 11:14|
Assistant Plant Operator x 5 - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for 5 Assistant Plant Operators to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire.
The Assistant Plant Operators will work under the direction of the Shift Team Leader and assist in the safe an efficient start up, shut down and running of the power station both locally and via the control room.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader as Assistant Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Plant Operator with the safe and efficient operation of the plant during normalised running hours and also during start-up/shut-down procedures
- Working in the Control Room and out on the plant
- Conduct regular site inspections/walk rounds to ensure the plant is operating as intended
- Reporting of incidents in a timely manner
- Carry out first line maintenance
- Driving and operating a range of mobile plant including fork lift trucks, front loading shovel and excavators etc
- Ensuring compliance with the Environmental Permit, H&S Legislation and the company's QMS
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Apprenticeship/City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 in an Engineering discipline
- Royal Navy Junior Engineers would also be a good fit
- Experience working in a process environment such as Power Station, Biomass, Aggregate/Tarmac/Cement Works, Steel Works, Paper Mills etc
- High standard of Health & Safety, ideally with a H&S qualification/certificate
- Worked to Safe Systems of Work/Safety Rules
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Benefits including a Company Pension
- Opportunity to gain valuable commissioning experience
- Chance to join a brand new Energy from Waste Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.