|Job Title:||Assistant Plant Operator - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000.00 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2018|
Assistant Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
Circa £35,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Plant Operator to join the operations department of a state of the art Energy from Waste power station in Oxfordshire. The Assistant Plant Operator will work under the direction of the Shift Team Leader and assist in the safe and efficient start up, shut down and running of the power station both locally and via the control room.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader as Assistant Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Shift Technician with the safe and efficient operation of the plant during normalised running hours and also during start-up/shut-down procedures
- Conducting regular site inspections/walk rounds to ensure the plant is operating as intended
- Reporting of incidents in a timely manner
- Carrying out first line maintenance
- Driving and operating a range of mobile plant including fork lift trucks, front loading shovel and excavators etc
- Ensuring compliance with the Environmental Permit and H&S Legislation
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally an engineering related qualification at C&G/NVQ/ONC level. Royal Navy Junior Engineers would also be a good fit ET/LET level
- Experience working in a heavy process environment such as Power Station, Biomass, Aggregate/Tarmac/Cement Works, Steel Works, Paper Mill etc
- Experience in the operation of mobile plant would be an advantage
- Experience working to Safe Systems of Work/Safety Rules
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary up to circa £35,000 (inclusive of a shift allowance)
- Company benefits including a pension
- A performance related bonus
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry
This role is a shift role covering 12-hour shifts across days and nights. Please get in touch for more information.
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.