Assistant Manager - Municipal Collections
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager - Municipal Collections|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £32500.00 per annum + Car and bonus|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||August 15, 2017 17:39|
Job Title Assistant Manager - Municipal Collections
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits including bonus and car
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and are passionate about transforming everyday waste into high quality raw materials and a valuable Energy source. They provide full collection and recycling facilities across the South Yorkshire region and are looking for an Assistant Manager to join them and help drive the business forward.
About the role
This role is an Assistant Manager level working as part of the Operational Team as part of their municipal waste collection service. You will have a number of supervisors, drivers and operators working under you and you will be managing these teams and ensuring our client continues to offer a first class service the local authority and end users.
With a background in Waste Management, Distribution or Logistics if you can demonstrate strong people skills and the desire to success this is a real opportunbity to progress your career.
Your duties will include
- Ensure that all requirements of the municipal collection contract are met and human resources and equipment are allocated, such that target utilisation levels are maintained
- Manage the operations with regard to current legislation and good practice
- Meet customer delivery targets and key performance indicators identified for the contract
- Assist the Collections Manager in managing the contract budget through effective and regular reviews to monitor costs against agreed budgetary targets
- Responsible for the day to day management of a fleet of vehicles to include route planning and monitoring to ensure optimum efficiency and control of costs
- Ensure all investigation and reporting of accidents are carried out thoroughly and promptly, in line with Company policy and procedures
- Compile reports - Health & Safety / Operational performance / Monthly absence and Contract KPIs, etc.
- Meet budget objectives by closely and continuously following income and expenditure items, and maintaining effective cost management controls
- Management of transport, ensuring compliance with servicing schedules, defect and daily check reporting and compliance with "O" licence requirements and the Fleet Maintenance Systems. Ensure fleets are efficiently operated, maintaining correct operational numbers/types, together with cleanliness and drivers care
- Ensure legal and safety requirements relating to fleet management are met and that all vehicle records are monitored for accuracy and efficient storage
- Responsibility for the Environment, Health and Safety, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health and Risk Assessments
- Responsible for day to day liaison with Client Officers on contractual issues, performance standards and associated requests to perform additional work
To be considered for the role you will need
- Previous management experience within a similar service driven role is required to be successful in this position
- Ability to build strong relationships and deal effectively with people at different levels, both internally and externally
- Possess strong people management skills to lead and support the team
- Analytical and numerate with a good financial understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the waste management sector, together with experience of managing within an unionised environment
- IOSH and CPC in National Road Haulage desirable
- Takes decisions and make things happen - even under difficult circumstances
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, managing the operational aspects of their municipal collection services. They can offer genuine career progression with a excellent inhouse Training Academy set up to help you grow your career.
In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, including car a and bonus scheme, with excellent career development opportunities. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's