Assistant Maintenance Engineer - Energy From Waste Plant
|Job Title:||Assistant Maintenance Engineer - Energy From Waste Plant|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£27396 per annum + Pension + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||December 20, 2016 09:57|
Assistant Maintenance Engineer - Power Station
Circa £27,000 + Benefits
We are recruiting for an Assistant Maintenance Engineer to join the Maintenance team of an Energy from Waste Power Station in Birmingham. You will play a lead role in supporting the Maintenance Manager in his responsibilities for the maintenance of the Power Station, ensuring that the Plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency whilst and liaising with operations staff to ensure quality service.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a recently qualified graduate/ apprentice engineer looking for their first step into the Power industry. A chance to work for a highly-desired employer with a company benefits package and to develop an exciting gratifying career.
As an Assistant Maintenance Engineer, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Assisting in developing proposals for adjustments, reviewing plant defects and maintaining plant availability and reliability
- You will be carrying out planned and breakdown maintenance on a variety of plant apparatus using multiple levels of voltage equipment, variable speed drives, large rotating equipment, switchgear, steam plant, boiler and auxiliaries, crane equipment etc.
- Accountable for checking method statements of the contractors before they are permitted to carry out work
- Support the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Engineer with management and planning of planned maintenance outages which includes quality control and co-ordination and specifications of work.
- You should be available when called in during emergency plant breakdowns when necessary and participate in the 'Standby' rota as appropriate
The successful Assistant Maintenance Engineer will be reporting to the Power Station Maintenance Engineer.
To be considered for the Assistant Maintenance Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- At least an apprentice level trained Engineer/ Technician or similar discipline. Relevant experience will be considered.
- A HNC/ONC/NVQ or equivalent in Engineering or similar discipline.
- An experienced person in maintenance of variable levels of voltage equipment, 415V motors, switchgear, major rotating plant major rotating plant, variable speed drives, emissions abatement equipment and power plant auxiliary system.
- A good knowledge of H&S, CDM and Pressure systems regulations.
- Ability to understand maintenance problems and provide accurate plant conditions and recommendations
Our client offers a great deal of benefits if you were selected to be the new Assistant Maintenance Engineer
- Competitive salary of £27,396
- Plant availability bonus
- Company pension scheme
If you are interested in the Assistant Maintenance Engineer position for our client and want to develop your career within the Power industry, then this is a great opportunity for you. Please see below contact details should you want to know more information below and ask for Olivia Naylor or Steve Utton.
T: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
C&I Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
EC&I Engineer - Energy from Waste
Up to £48000.00 per annum
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste