|Job Title:||Assistant Blaster|
|Salary:||£12 - £15 per hour + Dependant on Ltd or Umbrella|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Appleby|
|Job Published:||April 5, 2019|
Assistant Blaster - Power Generation
Multiple Locations (Leeds, Liverpool and Sheffield)
We're recruiting an Assistant Blaster to join a very unique business that specialises in the process of cleaning large, industrial plant aided by explosives. You will travel the country attending scheduled bookings and reactive call-outs, helping large process facilities such as Power Stations, Refineries and Cement works etc stay operational and efficient by conducting 'Detonative Cleaning'.
Detonative Cleaning is the process of using small explosive charges to create shock waves, in a safe and controlled manner, that dislodge deposits such as Slag and Coke from large industrial plant including Super Heaters, Economisers, Heat Exchangers, Boilers and Furnaces. These build-up's may causes blockages, obstructions or reduce efficiencies.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Blaster Technician, as an Assistant Blaster, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out camera inspections to identify areas to be cleaned and assessing suitability for the detonative cleaning processes.
- Assembling and carrying out 1st line maintenance on blasting equipment.
- Safely handling and priming blasting charges under the direction of the Certified Blaster.
- Liaising directly with clients as required ensuring the company is represented in a professional manner
- Carrying out work with the highest regards for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Conducting all other tasks as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Candidates applying for this vacancy must have a flexible approach to working as they will form part of a call out rota that will attend jobs across the UK and Europe, often away for several days at a time.
- An excellent understanding of Health and Safety is essential as is the ability to work well as part of a team and experience working in hazardous environments.
- A basic qualification in/ understanding of mechanical maintenance as well as previous experience working with explosives/ shot blasting would be advantageous.
- Previous supervisory/ Team Leader experience.
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Rate is negotiable but looking at around £12 to £15 per hour.
- Overtime Available
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 208 and ask to speak to Ashley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.