|Job Title:||Area Manager|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £37000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||January 16, 2019 17:34|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the South West's leading employers as a Resources and Production Area Manager in the water sector.
As Area Manager you will be responsible for providing operational management of water resources, water treatment works and sludge treatment/recycling assets. Ensure workforce development and competence is maintained as well as ensuring ODI Performance targets are achieved.
As Area Manager your responsibilities will include but not be limited too;
- Ensure compliance with the water quality standard ODI is achieved
- Maintain and develop the competency of staff under his/her management to ensure regulatory and business requirements are met and continuous improvement achieved.
- Manage area resources and Treatment Team to optimise asset performance and promote investment submissions to deliver asset improvements.
- Act as Duty Drinking Water Operations Manager in accordance with rota; ensuring actions are taken in accordance with Company Emergency Procedures.
- In liaison with the Central Energy team and DWS Process Engineer ensure energy efficiency and carbon reduction targets are delivered locally.
- Ensure all operational activities associated with reservoir safety and surveillance are completed to comply with the Reservoir Act 1975.
- Produce effective and timely reporting of incidents and events.
- Ensure Drinking Water Services activities and those of the partner organisations have no adverse impact on the environment.
- Liaise with Asset Management and Engineering Function to ensure asset improvements are effectively planned, controlled and delivered without impact on product quality, quantity or service delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be considered for the Area Manager's position, you must have the following:
- Degree/HND (or equivalent) in a relevant subject with experience in the Water Sector.
- Experience in similar role and proven ability to manage/supervise a team at different levels of superiority.
- Strong decision-making, planning and prioritising skills.
- Ability to use computer and corporate systems.
- Full UK License.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's