Applications Group Manager
|Job Title:||Applications Group Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sara Nash|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 11:59|
Group Applications Manager
40-50k Dependent On Experince
My Client offers flexible, configurable process tools and leading-edge processes for the precise, controllable and repeatable engineering of micro- and nano-structures. Their systems provide process solutions for the etching of nanometre sized features, nanolayer deposition and the controlled growth of nanostructures.
These solutions are based on core technologies in plasma-enhanced deposition and etch, ion-beam deposition and etch, atomic layer deposition, deep silicon etch and physical vapour deposition.
A critical part of their business strategy is to create differentiated solutions through our innovation and product development capability. This is a key leadership role within the Applications Team developing processes for our Customers.
You will lead one of the three Applications Groups in Plasma Technology, enabling your team to develop processes and expert knowledge to deliver samples for our customers and new product introductions. A critical part of this role is ensuring, through effective Voice of the Customer (VOC) activity, that we validate the process needs of our market from an understanding of the customer needs and job(s) to be done. You will support your team to translate this into new process and product development of plasma products. You will contribute and help define process and technology road-maps.
- Lead and develop your Application team either along a technical pathway or the traditional managerial path through adoption of additional responsibilities
- Manage your team and resources, prioritising in line with our business plans and strategy
- Ensure your team has the right skills and guidance ensuring they have the correct training and personal development is given to team members
- Schedule tasks to maximise available people, facilities and equipment, for example, allocation of work, on the job training and holidays
Orders, Sales and Technical Support:
- Meet Plasma Order Targets through completing successful sample demonstration activity
- Ensure KPIs for the Group are properly tracked and shared with the Senior Product Manager
- Ensure sample and project work is completed to agreed timescales
- Act as route for escalation of sales enquiries or customer concerns within the Applications Group.
- When required process and demonstrate customer samples, reporting the findings concisely and accurately. Measure and analyse the results of the test samples and produce technical reports to capture the learning and circulate appropriately.
- Liaise with Cleanroom Support to ensure the appropriate systems and hardware configurations are available to match the customer demonstration schedule
- Work with the Customer Support Team to achieve system sign off to hit deferred revenue and final acceptance targets
- Deploy an excellent working knowledge of the technology to facilitate fault finding and root cause analysis on processing results or equipment performance to deliver optimised processes and hardware performance.
- Facilitate customer training both at Plasma and customer sites when required.
Strategy and Marketing:
- Through effective Voice of the Customer (VOC) activity, validate the process and hardware needs of the market from an understanding of the customer needs and job(s) to be done. Translate this into new process and product development. Contribute to, and help define, process and technology roadmaps.
- Input into the 5-year strategic growth plan by contribution of VOC from customer visits and hosting and market/application knowledge gained from conferences.
- Liaise with customers and Marketing to understand the commercial environment driving applications and provide context to your team for the process work they do
- Work with the Marketing Team to increase lead generation and opportunity pipeline by clear product positioning and value propositions.
- Work closely with collaborators to gain device / application data and publish new application/solution datasheets
- Provide technical process expertise for generating sales collateral and marketing literature and supporting conferences / exhibitions.
- Liaise with customers, Product managers and Sales teams extracting information on product performance requirements in order to produce satisfactory samples and validate hardware specifications.
- When required, demonstrate process performance of tools installed at customers sites to pass customer acceptance tests. This will involve foreign travel.
- Carry out research and networking with the wider technical community to ensure Plasma products are at the leading edge of development, being, or appointing process/applications champions within Plasma.
Development and Projects:
- Create and own overall product / process development plans Ensure efficient scheduling of project work and appropriate prioritisation. Develop a successful New Product Introduction culture and capability
- Control projects both internal and those involving external partners.
- Ensure that this development work is consistent with the strategy for the Group, being completed to plan and budgets whilst delivering to agreed milestones. Report on progress of NPI activity to responsible teams.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the Plasma's Health and Safety and ISO 9001 Quality procedures. Demonstrate a good awareness of the demands associated with handling hazardous materials and manage the risks appropriately.
- Challenge and improve existing working practices within the laboratory to ensure we offer a safe, professional, best in class service to our customers. Where necessary identify equipment purchases or upgrades.
- Implement the health, safety and environmental policies, taking appropriate action to promote relevant continuous improvement.
- Ensure that staff are appropriately trained and competent, to understand the importance of high standards of health, safety and environmental performance, including their roles and responsibilities within the relevant frameworks.
- Delivery and progress reporting of development projects to time and budget.
- Samples and technical reports prioritised, scheduled and delivered to agreed timescales;
- Customer acceptance of the process performance of installed tools to agreed timescales.
- Delivery of Customer Specification documents within agreed timescales with 100% accuracy
- Generation or technical documentation (e.g. whitepapers, flyers, datasheets, presentation materials) to agreed deadlines
- Build an effective applications team to ensure efficient delivery of projects and business targets. Defined manning levels and skills required and ensured recruiting and training satisfies this.
- Provided required input to develop R&D roadmap
- A relevant science or engineering degree. Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science degrees would be an advantage.
- A strong background in the semiconductor industry or relevant experience in an academic institution
- Experience of Process Development from a fab or equipment supplier environment in Etch / deposition / device integration / yield improvement
- Thin film measuring skills (e.g. SEMs, ellipsometry etc)
Specialisation in least one of the following areas:
For Etch Roles:
- Compound Semiconductor etching
- MEMS etching
- Conductor or dielectric etching
- Device design and fabrication process flow knowledge would be an advantage, in particular within the areas of optoelectronic, wideband gap power/RF devices
In addition to a competitive starting salary, my client also offers structured career development opportunities, a good work-life balance, private healthcare, a share incentive plan, 25 days annual leave, half-days on Fridays, a defined contribution Group Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Applications Group Manager
£40000 - £50000.00 per annum
Up to £40000.00 per annum + healthcare
Up to £45 per hour + Overtime
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Compliance Manager - Manufacturing
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Company Benefits