Commissioning Operator- Power Generation
6 Month Contract- £350/400 per day (outside of IR35)
About the role:
Astute's Power team is partnering with a renewable energy provider with a commitment to professional development and sustainability to recruit a Commissioning Operator for its Hull site.
The strategically important Commissioning Operator role comes with the opportunity to work for a very large client in the industry.
If you're a Commissioning Operator and are looking to work for an organisation that are driven to build a world which has lower dependency on fossil fuels, then upload your CV to apply today.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Ensures works within area of responsibility are executed in accordance with contract requirements, and conform with project time, budget and Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) requirements.
· Reports any variations and issues to the Commissioning Manager.
· Maintains all tools in a clean state and ready to use.
· Maintains and cleans the equipment of the plant.
· Liaises and coordinates with other project team members, in particular the Commissioning Manager, Commissioning Lead Engineers, and shift team leaders.
· Operate and control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, reactors etc using semi-automated control system and standalone equipment control panels.
· Control, operate, and maintain plant within the limits of the environmental operational permit
· Control, operate and maintain plant to produce required electrical output.
· Control, operate and maintain plant to complete cold and hot commissioning in line with company and supplier procedures.
· Carry out all operations in line with company procedures and guidelines.
· Regulate equipment and conditions such as water levels, waste feeding, steam pressure etc based on data from field instrumentation and DCS.
· Collect samples as required by the commissioning manager or lead engineer i.e., water, oil, waste, IBA etc.
· Inspect records, handover notes, and shift book entries, and communicate with other plant personnel to assess equipment operating status.
· Communication with shift team leader in relation to any items which indicate unstable operation of the plant.
· Keeps the Commissioning Manager / Site Manager informed of all site-related activities.
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Knowledge of relevant HSEQ legal and management system requirements
· Valid Safety Contractors Certificate (SCC), Safe pass (ROI), CSCS or CCNSG card or equivalent
· Minimum 2 to 5 years as a Control Room Operator (CRO), preferably in plants utilizing waste as fuel, biomass incineration, or fossil fuel technology, with proven knowledge of power plant equipment and systems.
The Commissioning Operator role would suit someone who is:
· Detailed and organised.
· Ability to work alone and part of a team.
· Flexibility, ability to travel and work in shift pattern or site hours.
· Able to evaluate ideas of others.
Salary and benefits of the Commissioning Operator role:
· 6 Month contract initially.
· £350/400 per day outside of IR35
How to apply?
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.