|Technical Director- Renewables|
Hybrid role, UK (offices based in Scotland, Somerset and Wales)
Up to £95,000 plus benefits
|About the role:|
Astute's renewables team is collaborating with a specialist wind energy developer, whose ethos is centred around making positive contributions to achieving net-zero emissions with an emphasis on community benefit. To ensure continued growth we are looking for a Technical Director to provide comprehensive services across the development teams within Wind, Solar and Battery storage.
The Technical Director role comes with salary of up to £95,000, car allowance, milestone bonus scheme and equity shares with the company after proven tenure.
If you are excited to be a part of a company at the forefront of the renewable energy sector, we encourage you to explore this opportunity with us
|Responsibilities and duties:|
Reporting to the Managing Director you will:
- Lead the Technical Team, supporting performance, well-being, and professional development.
- Provide status updates and reports to the Managing Director and the Board, participating in company direction decisions.
- Lead the Grid and Technical teams to offer expert advice on technology and design for renewable and storage assets.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of in-house site search models, proposing metrics for efficient project identification and appraisal.
- Manage aviation constraints, representing the company, negotiating contracts, and finding solutions to avoid sterilizing site search areas.
- Ensure quality management of wind resource measurement, site design, yield analysis, noise modelling and aviation/radar studies.
- Maintain a diverse and up-to-date library of capital equipment and market pricing, building relationships with suppliers.
- Provide advice on construction and O&M costings for financial models and suggest ways to improve LCOE.
- Monitor grid legislative changes, advising on their impact and representing the company in industry groups.
- Ensure appropriate and financially acceptable external resources are secured for technical support when needed.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or a Science-related field.
- Proven background within the renewables development sector.
- Significant experience managing people.
The Technical Director role would suit someone who can:
- Demonstrate a professional "can-do" attitude towards task execution.
- Analyse problems and explore alternative solutions aligned with company objectives.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, report writing, and communication skills.
- Bring an enthusiastic approach and the capability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Work with a flexibility in work approach and a readiness to travel regularly throughout the UK to office locations and sites when needed.
|Salary and benefits of the Wind Development Project Manager role:|
- Up to £95,000
- Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- EV Car scheme
- Equity shares upon proven tenure
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Great company culture
|How to apply?|
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 07458142489 to speak to Melanie Noble who can tell you more.