Finance Director - New Build EfW Power Station
Slough, Berkshire (Hybrid working available)
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
Astute's Power Team is exclusively partnered with Slough Multifuel, a joint venture between Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and SSE Thermal, for the recruitment of a Finance Director for their brand-new Energy from Waste Power Station in Slough. The power station will process 480,000 tonnes of waste per annum producing up to 60MW of electricity to the grid.
This strategic Finance Director role comes with a competitive salary + excellent benefits package.
If you're a Finance Director/Manager, who has experience in managing all financial aspects of a standalone business or a JV on behalf of shareholders and are looking to work for a joint venture between two highly reputable companies who put employees at the forefront of what they do then apply today.
Responsibilities and Duties,
As the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all aspects of the accounting, finance, audit, tax, banking, cash calls, investment analysis, invoicing and book keeping for the company and for managing the company's financial Governance and providing financial leadership to the business.
- Manage the business case and budget and ensure a high degree of transparency of the project's financial status, uncertainties and risks;
- Business Case - Manage the financial model for the project and challenge and follow-up on budget line items and business risks;
- Accounting & Tax - Management of invoice and payment flow, annual accounts and filing of tax and VAT, Manage any third parties to which accounting, or finance activities have been outsourced, Ensure optimal tax, VAT, customs conditions in supplier contracts.
- Funding & Investment decisions - Monitor cash balances and forecasts, support cash call requests and facilitate capital injections. Deliver support/coordination for project finance and shareholders FID-processes. Develop performance measures and monitoring systems in accordance with shareholder requirements
- Systems - Define and implement finance, accounting and budgeting systems appropriate to the organisation's activities and that can integrate with Shareholder systems. Lead insurance activities and ensure required coverage in line with shareholders and banks requirements. Implement Financial Management Framework, principles and ways-of-working, manage cost controlling process based PO-structure and invoice review and approval flow
- Reporting - Provide financial performance reporting to internal stakeholders, SteerCo and shareholders. Provide (DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX) baseline budgets for approval and following up on financial progress against approved baselines plans
- Governance - Enforce required control procedures and Do
- Support the Managing Director in identifying and driving business improvements as required;
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally degree educated
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Management Accountants or similar
- Proven experience working in a financial leadership role in a small organisation or a joint venture setup
- Ability to demonstrate working as part of a small team and operate to company values including integrity and openness in dealings, having a can-do approach and operating with a constructive and fact-oriented approach to issues and people.
- Strong ability to report and communicate complex matters to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive basic salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Other excellent benefits
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.