Business Development Manager - Power Generation Solutions
Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive growth for an International Power Generation company. This role is focused within the UK Power Sector identifying opportunities to offer bespoke service agreements, outage packages and ad-hoc maintenance / modification / plant improvement works.
Ideally, you will be a strong seller with a solid network in the Power Sector covering Waste to Energy and Biomass Power Stations with a technical understanding of selling work packages (mechanical packages and electrical packages), tendering for business and agreeing commercials.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Generating new business within the Power Service Division as well as proactive account management of large existing service contracts and clients.
- Ensuring sufficient sales activity, territory coverage and future prospect development to achieve individual set financial targets.
- Understanding customer needs, presenting solutions and creating and negotiating sales proposals (costing parts, materials and labour).
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth.
- Meeting all budgetary targets and KPI's.
- Presenting products to the clients and building effective relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Increasing the existing service business through upselling and cross selling opportunities.
- Provide a strong after sales support service to the customer to ensure longevity of the relationship.
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth; offering insight data to support negotiation and overcome objections.
- Collaborate with colleagues on a technical level to understand the products and position the company effectively in the market.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Proven experience working within a Sales / Business Development position in the Power Generation / Servicing / Outages
- Experience with planning & executing power station outages / shutdowns on CCGT, Energy from Waste or Biomass Power Stations
- You should also have a strong technical ability, ideally with an Engineering qualification and understanding of the Power Generation market with a good commercial understanding and the ability to negotiate sales proposals and implement proposal designs.
- Ideally qualified to a minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering / Process Engineering
- Due to the nature of this role, candidates must hold a valid full UK driving licence and be flexible in their working hours and travel.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Full benefits package
- Home working & travel
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.