Mechanical Technician - Power Station
Competitive hourly pay
6-month contract inside IR35 (hourly rate)
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a Power Station in Peterborough on a 6-month contract basis. You will be responsible for the planned, reactive and breakdown maintenance on mechanical assets such as pumps, gearboxes, valves, turbines, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc. If you have any electrical experience, this will be a big advantage as well.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as a Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, turbines, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS including creating work packs and reporting on works carried out
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensure appropriate levels of stock / spares are available.
- Involved in continuous improvement activities, plant inspections and fault investigation work.
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure plant availability.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 minimum in Engineering or Apprentice qualified - ideally mechanically biased
- Prior experience working in heavy process engineering environments such as Power Stations (EfW, Biomass, CCGT, CHP, Coal, etc), Refineries, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, etc.
- Familiar with pumps, rotating equipment, piping and valves.
- Experience working to Safe Systems of Work
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
Pay rate & duration
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive hourly pay rate
- 6 month contract which could be extended
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please send a copy of your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call Arjun Patel on 02392 288 282 who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.