Lead Mechanical Engineer - Energy From Waste (EFW)
Woking and Hybrid Opportunity
£400-£500 per working day (outside of IR35)
12 Month Contract
About the role:
Astute's Power team is partnering with an up-and-coming company within the Power Generation industry to recruit a Lead Mechanical Engineer on a 12-month contract for a new build power station FEED study stage.
The strategically important Lead Mechanical Engineer role comes with Hybrid Working.
If you are a Lead Mechanical Engineer and are looking to work for an organisation that puts integrity and people at the forefront of everything it does, then upload your CV to apply today.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Ensuring the FEED contractors mechanical engineering and design meets CFAL requirements.
· Reviewing and commenting on contractor and licensor documents and resolving those comments.
· Co-ordinating with the CFAL FEED team to ensure a cohesive design solution.
· Ensuring the CFAL FEED team is aware of mechanical engineering issues arising with Kent and progressing their timely resolution.
· Ensuring Kent are aware of issues arising and co-ordinating the resolution.
· Striving to achieve best value through the facilities design; and
· Providing support to the CFAL team in securing all necessary consents, connections, and permissions to build and operate the plant.
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Pressure Valve design experience
· Energy From Waste or Waste to Energy experience.
· Degree level or higher.
· Design or Design supervision experience.
The role would suit someone who is:
· 15 years of experience.
· Happy with hybrid working.
· Waste handling and processing technology design and build experience.
· Experience directly with operator and EPC contractor
· Able to work in UK.
Salary and benefits of the role:
· £400-£500 per day.
· 12-month contract.
· Hybrid working.
How to apply?
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.