Temporary Works Coordinator
Duration - 12 months
Location - Chester, Cheshire
Day rate - £450.00 to £600.00
We are currently recruiting for a Temporary Works Coordinator to join the EPC Contractor on a new build 49MW Energy from Waste plant based in Chester.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, your day to day responsibilities include;
- Discharge the duties of Temporary Works Coordinator as set out in BS 5975 including but not limited to:
- Hold a 2-day CITB Temporary Works Qualification.
- Ensure where designs are required that they be appropriately categorized.
- Checking of Design Briefs.
- Issuing of Permits to Load and other applicable Temporary Work Permits.
- Maintain the Temporary Works Register.
- Appoint competent Temporary Works Supervisors.
- Review the competences of Temporary Work Supervisors appointed by contractors.
- Carry out inspections of Temporary Works to ensure compliance with Permits and other requirements.
- Ensure Temporary Work Supervisors discharge the responsibilities expected of the appointment.
- Lead weekly Temporary Works coordination meeting.
Qualifications and skill required:
- Will be a Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer with a minimum of 5 years Construction Project delivery experience in a TWS/TWC role, preferably within the Energy or Oil/Gas Sectors.
- Will hold current TWC Certificate (CITB accredited).
- Preferably have a NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this Contract opportunity then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 02392 222 966
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.