Resident Engineer - Mechanical
£50-60/hr Inside IR35
We are looking for a mechanical biased Resident Engineer to join one of the UK's leading defence clients on a 12-month contract. As a resident engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of site quality by managing and overseeing the installation and commissioning process through construction works in the submarine refit complex.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Resident Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining site quality during installation and commissioning
- You will assist the construction and Project team by providing advice and communicating with contractors and relevant internal stakeholders to resolve site issues/ Technical Queries during construction in line with contract timescales.
- You will ensure the contractor adheres to the Scope of works and Change requests.
- You will undertake and record inspections to ensure adherence to scope and integrated test plans.
- You will be accountable to the Lead Construction Manager for day-to-day planning matters.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- You should be degree qualified and or Charted in a relevant discipline.
- You must have previous nuclear or defence construction experience.
- You will have an understanding of both CDM and H&S legislation.
- You will have an understanding or previous experience with NEC contracts.
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- £50-60/hr inside IR35
- 12-month contract - Potentially rolling
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392288289 and ask to speak to Adam Nash who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.