South & Central London, UK
Salary of £41,795 - £53,061 D.O.E
About the role:
The Maintenance Engineer will play a vital part in the corrective and preventative maintenance activities in all areas of the process which will include plant rooms, pumping stations, district heating pipework and heat metering equipment.
If you have a background working in engineering, District Heating or a similar environment and are looking to work for an organisation that is passionate about energy, then upload your CV to today.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Be responsible for maintaining the district heating assets including, boilers, plant rooms, pipework networks and pumping stations covering corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance
· Assist the O&M Team Leaders with both electrical and mechanical maintenance
· Be involved with improvements in performance of assets
· Ensure health and safety is adhered to across complex commercial environments
· Travel to surrounding sites to perform maintenance on district heating network
· Participate in call-out rota, 1 in 4
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Hold an ONC/NVQ Level 3+ in a relevant Engineering Discipline
· Knowledge and experience in maintaining commercial/domestic heating and pipework systems, heat generation and heat transfer equipment
· Experience with the safe isolation and re-commissioning of plant/pipework and electrical systems
· Health and Safety knowledge - IOSH and/or NEBOSH are desirable
· Full UK Driving Licence
The Maintenance Engineer role would suit someone who is:
· Experienced with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Customer focused.
· Engineering background desired
· Great work ethic
Salary and benefits of the Maintenance Engineer role:
· Salary of £41,795 - £53,061 D.O.E
· 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
· Company Car
· Up to £3,550 London Allowance (if Applicable)
· Opportunity to help the development of innovative new systems to decarbonise the UK
How to apply?
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.