Business Development Manager
Office Based (Portsmouth)
OTE £40,000 - £75,000 (Starting salary from £25,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on experience)
Astute Technical is an established engineering recruitment business with an annual company turnover of £20 million and growing. We're proud to support a 9 day fortnight working pattern for you to take every other Friday off fully paid. We also offer flexible working and would welcome a discussion on hours and days that suit you as well as remote working options. We offer full-time and part-time opportunities with all our vacancies.
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for someone with experience in Business Development to join us in supporting businesses to build a sustainable world. Working as part of a team, you will develop business with clients to provide staff for environmentally sustainable businesses nationwide including renewable energy, sustainable power, and nuclear.
This position involves white-collar recruitment and will suit someone with drive and motivation to succeed in a sales-focused role.
What we can do for you:
- 9 DAY FORTNIGHT! Take every other Friday off to spend at your leisure.
- Up to 65 days holiday (incl. 9 day fortnight)
- OTE £40,000 - £75,000 (Starting salary from £25,000 - £35,000 per annum increasing with experience)
- Flexible working including remote working options
- Early 3pm Friday finish
- Working on a HOT desk with established clients and the opportunity to build a very successful desk
- Bespoke training and development package and clear career progression opportunities
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life Assurance
- Casual dress code
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Managing new and existing client accounts
- Negotiating terms and offers of employment
- Creating attractive and engaging job adverts in line with Astute's standards and quality
What we need from you:
- Experience working within sales or business development
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills
- Highly motivated and target driven to deliver results
- Excellent telephone manner
- Outstanding organisation, IT, and administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous recruitment is advantageous
As a people focussed business, we greatly value what people mean to us and look after our staff so you will never be just a number. We genuinely care and this is reflected in our Glassdoor reviews and Great Recruiter certification. A career in recruitment focused on areas specifically aimed at reducing carbon emissions and helping us achieve our Net Zero commitments can be very rewarding. Not just in terms of benefits for yourself, but also the future of our planet.
To learn more about our Recruitment Partner opportunity or to apply, please contact Katelyn Buenfeld by calling 02393 910 431 or emailing