Mechanical Technician - Gas Fired Power Station
Newport, South Wales
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a large Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station (CCGT) located in Newport, South Wales. The plant is capable of producing 800MW of power through two Gas & Steam Turbines and associated generation plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, as an Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS including creating work packs and reporting on works carried out
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensure appropriate levels of stock / spares are available
- Involved in continuous improvement activities, plant inspections and fault investigation work
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure plant availability
- Taking part in emergency call outs / off duty cover.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 minimum in Engineering or Apprentice qualified
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Power Generation in an Operations based role
- Familiar with pumps, rotating equipment, steam raising systems, piping and valves.
- IOSH or H&S certificate
- Experience working to Safe Systems of Work
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Benefits package including Pension and Private Medical Insurance
- Opportunity to work on a highly efficient CCGT Power Station
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please send a copy of your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.