Senior Radioactive Waste Engineer - Nuclear
£46,589 - £56,904
About the role:
Astute's nuclear team is partnering with leading experts to recruit a Senior Radioactive Waste Engineer for its Plymouth site.
The Senior radioactive waste engineer role will provide their expertise on radioactive waste projects, and it comes with a salary of up to £56,904, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday and hybrid working.
If you're an engineer with previous experience with radioactive waste and are looking to work for an organisation that is achieving a future where nuclear power plays a crucial role in the energy landscape, upload your CV to apply today.
Responsibilities and duties:
Responsibilities of the senior radioactive waste engineer will be to:
* Provide advice and guidance regarding treatment and disposal projects in a timely manner
* Support the characterisation, processing, sentencing, and packaging of Intermediate Level Waste (ILW), Low Level Waste (LLW), and Conditionally Exempt waste (CEW)
* Develop and implement necessary documentation while ensuring compliance with licenses and permits.
* Provide leadership and training to junior waste engineers within the team
We are looking for someone with the following:
* A degree in a relevant subject, example include Chemistry or Physics.
* Radioactive waste management qualifications
The Senior Waste Engineer role would suit someone has:
* Previous radioactive waste management experience
* Understanding of radioactive management including Characterisation, Processing and Transport
* Strong Numerical and IT skills, including the ability to analyse data and create/edit spreadsheets.
* Strong communication skills
Salary and benefits of the Senior Radioactive Waste Engineer role:
* Salary ranging from £46,589 - £56,904, depending on experience.
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Hybrid Working
How to apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 07488889792 to speak to Molly Artingstall who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.