Radioactive Waste Engineer
Up to £44,500.00 plus Benefits
About the role:
Astute's Nuclear/Waste team is partnering with an industry-leading global defence client with a long history of close cooperation and support for the Royal Navy to recruit a Radioactive Waste Engineer for its Devonport site.
The Radioactive Waste Engineer role comes with up to £44,500.00 depending on experience plus Benefits.
If you're a Radioactive Waste Engineer and are looking to work for an organisation that puts integrity and people at the forefront of everything it does then upload your CV to apply today.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Be advising your guidance to major projects, enabling timely treatment and/or disposal of radioactive waste.
· Implement the relevant documentation, ensuring compliance with licenses and permits relating to radioactive waste through the application of BAT.
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Degree level in a relevant subject.
· Radioactive waste management qualifications and or experience.
· Agreement to work in areas which will expose individual to ionising radiation.
· SC Cleared or eligibility for SC clearance essential.
· Member of a professional society is desirable.
The Radioactive Waste Engineer role would suit someone who is:
· Has knowledge of environmental legislation in the UK Nuclear Industry.
· Knowledge of BAT.
· Applied understanding of radioactive waste management.
· Great writing and communication skills. At all technical levels.
Salary and benefits of the Radioactive Waste Engineer role:
· Up to £44,500.00
· Hybrid working and early finishes on Fridays
· Staff development and growth opportunities
How to apply?
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.