Principal Requirements & Acceptance Engineer
Bristol or Rosyth - Hybrid (3 days a week on site)
Up to £65,000 + Package DOE
About the role:
Astute's Nuclear team is partnering with an industry-leading global defence client with a long history of close cooperation and support for the Royal Navy to recruit a Principal requirements and Acceptance Engineer for their Bristol and Rosyth site.
This position would suit someone with a System Engineering background in marine or aerospace.
Responsibilities and duties:
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Understanding customer requirements and formalizing them into clear specifications.
· Managing requirements for systems and sub-systems, ensuring their consistency and compliance throughout the project's lifecycle.
· Defining acceptance criteria and methodologies for both system and sub-system requirements.
· Overseeing the Assurance and Acceptance process with clients and suppliers, ensuring smooth communication and resolution of issues.
· Providing guidance on Requirements and acceptance processes to the broader project team.
· Contributing valuable insights during various design reviews, enhancing project efficiency and effectiveness.
· Offering support during system certification, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
· Continuously engaging in professional and personal development activities to stay abreast of industry best practices and maintain a high level of expertise.
· Developing and managing detailed work package descriptions, plans, and schedules to streamline project tasks.
· Coaching and mentoring junior team members, fostering their professional growth and skills development.
· Establishing and supervising the Requirements and acceptance efforts on diverse projects, ensuring their successful execution.
· Taking accountabilities for all requirements and acceptance activities within the project(s), ensuring their timely completion and quality.
· Managing the team, including conducting performance reviews and providing constructive feedback.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent professional background in industry or armed forces.
· Proven expertise in eliciting and managing requirements, as well as accepting complex systems.
· Familiarity with requirements management tools such as DOORS.
· In-depth knowledge of systems engineering principles.
· Exceptional problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills.
· Must be able to Obtain SC level security clearance
Salary and benefits:
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· Competitive salary of up to £65,000 + package
· Match pension contributions
· Training and development
How to apply?
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.