Electrical Technician - Power Station
Competitive basic salary + excellent benefits
Seal Sands, Middlesbrough
Astutes Power Team are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a Gas Fired Power Station located in Teesside. This role will involve carrying out reactive & preventative maintenance on all electrical assets and support the wider project team with the removal & installation of new equipment.
What does the job involve?
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, as an Electrical Technician, typical duties will include:
- Fault-finding and maintaining electrical assets including motors, motors, switchgear, transformers and HV plant
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Undertaking/assisting in plant developments/ projects
- Setting to work and supervising OEM supervisors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the sites CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
What is required?
Ideally candidates applying for this vacancy should have:
- Apprenticeship / time served in electrical maintenance in a heavy process industry
- ONC / HNC or equivalent qualification in electrical engineering
- Experience maintaining electrical assets including motors, switchgear, transformers, HV plant etc. in a heavy process environment. This could be a power station, petrochemical site, refinery, steel works etc.
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- Proven experience in managing contracts and sub-contractors
- A flexible/adaptable approach and ability to motivate others
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.