Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
£59,000 - £63,600 + bonus + benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a leading waste management & environmental company who are looking to hire a Shift Manager / Shift Team Leader to join their Operations Team. Using state of the art technology (Gasification) this plant also has an AD Facility, HWRC (Household Waste Recycling Centre) and MRF (Material Recovery Facility).
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Plant Operations Manager, as Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the Operation Technicians and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- A proven track record of managing shift teams (days & nights)
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Senior Authorised Persons Status
- Excellent proven leadership skills
What's on offer
- £59,000 - £63,600
- Up to 10% bonus
- Benefits package
- Career progression opportunities
How to apply
To apply, please call Ruth Winter on 02382 288212 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.