Location - Farnborough
Day Rate - £500.00 to £550.00 per day
Duration - 9 months
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the EPC contractor on a new build waste to energy facility based in the South East of London. Our Client have several projects within the Energy sector including Energy from Waste, CCGT and renewable energy projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and issue sound, accurate cost reports, showing financial position of the package and forecast commercial status, including interface with accounting systems. Identify trends that could require action.
- Participate in or run regular technical and commercial site meetings, issue minutes of meeting.
- Administer the subcontracts. Maintain comprehensive records. Prepare and ensure that contractual correspondence is maintained and that our clients contractual position is protected.
- Responsible for the measurement and valuation of works from a desktop and physical perspective for selected packages.
- For civil scope measure and evaluate changes from revised drawings and site inspection at regular intervals in accordance with the contractual measurement rules and rates and standard methods of measure.
- Administer payment procedures in accordance with the contract and applicable legislation and issue respective documents correctly and in time
- Document commercial aspects of any change / deviation /claim in PIRS in close cooperation with the technical work package holder, project procurement, scheduling, site management. Take advantage of opportunities and minimise commercial risks.
- Responsible for the claim management for selected subcontract packages, establish necessary documentation, assesses counter- claim potential in close coordination with the relevant work package holder and other staff.
- Report on commercial risks and opportunities.
- Leads commercial negotiations and account meetings, including preparation of final accounts (remeasured as required).
- Support Contract Manager in the establishment of documentation for insurance purposes.
- Support ancillary site functions by providing commercial advice.
- Carry out procurement of minor works / finishing works packages with support and input from head office personnel
- Provide return of experience per contract package through ongoing feedback to head office, and final account close out reports including lessons learnt.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Quantity Surveyor with 5+ years' experience including of managing civil and construction packages.
- Specific experience remeasuring work packages for construction of industrial plants.
- Profound knowledge of applicable re measurement rules (such as CESMM4)
- BSc / MSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Member (or working towards Membership of) RICS or similar an advantage
- Ideally have experience working on industrial projects such as, waste recycling facilities, CHP, Energy from Waste, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or 02393 910 473.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.