Head of Technical Consultancy - Solar
£55,000 - £65,000, vehicle allowance and additional benefits
About the role:
Astute's Renewables team is partnering with an award-winning solar engineering company, specialising in project life-cycle services and solutions for the utility-scale solar industry. They are looking to recruit a Head of Technical Consultancy for a remote/UK wide role.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Report daily on the status, planning, preparation and execution of multiple solar farm engineering consultancy and technical advisory assignments.
· Travel to sites and meetings around the UK on occasion where necessary
· Have a responsibility to complete land appraisals and site surveys as well as the planning and grid risk assessment tasks where required.
· Manage stakeholder relationships for new and existing clients, contributing to technical and commercial negotiations and discussions.
· Strive to deliver projects yourself, and as a team as your consultancy team grows.
· Conduct preliminary designs and solar scheme simulations using suitable solar PV design & simulation software.
· Take the lead in quality management across services and initiatives.
· Ensure the project is delivered on-time & within the planned scope, budget and profit levels.
· Support other business areas with technical queries and development.
· Any other duties as required
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Degree educated in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering/Renewable Engineering for example)
· Experience working in a technical engineering consultancy capacity in large scale solar.
· Full UK driving licence
· NEBOSH construction certificate desirable
· Previous experience of working on repower/decommissioning studies would be advantageous
· Knowledge of ICP/DNO interface management
The role would suit someone who is:
· Prepared to work occasional periods away from home
· Excellent communication & people skills and a strong attitude towards operational health & safety and technical compliance.
· Enthusiastic about solar and renewables
· Able to incorporate themselves into a new team and across non-UK workforce and projects
Salary and benefits of the <job title> role:
· Salary up to £75,000
· Annual Bonus
· Private Heath Care
· Enhanced Pension
· 25 days holiday plus BH's
How to apply?
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.