|Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station|
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £49,000 + Overtime + Benefits
About the role:
Astute's Power team is partnered with a global waste management company, who invest in career development, to recruit an Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation (EC&I) Technician for their energy from Waste Power Station in Sheffield.
The EC&I Technician role comes with a salary of up to £49,000 (depending on experience) + overtime + other excellent company benefits
If you're an Electrical/C&I Technician and are looking to work for an organisation that puts integrity and people at the forefront of everything it does then upload your CV to apply today.
This role will be working a roling shift basis of 8 hour days, with 1 in 3 weekends involving being on call. The working hours will be betwwen 6am and 6pm.
|Responsibilities and duties:|
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer you will:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and reactive maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to maximise plant availability including pressure, level, temperature and flow sensors and control systems (DCS, PLCs) and electrical equipment
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shutdowns, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar
- HV Authorised would be ideal, but not a necessity
The EC&I Technician role would suit someone who has:
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and some electrical systems
- At least 4 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. Energy from Waste, Biomass, CHP, chemical plant, refinery, steel works etc
- Some experience with planning and scoping works with the ability to complete small projects
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
- This role will be suitable for Royal Navy Marine Engineers who are considering a move into the Power Generation sector
- The highest regard for health, safety and environmental compliance
|Salary and benefits of the role:|
- Basic salary of up to £49,000 (depending on experience)
- Company pension and benefits.
|How to Apply|
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more.