|Plant/Farm Operator - Renewable Energy|
Salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience
|About the role:|
Astute's Renewables team is working exclusively with an established pig farming and crop drying business, who also run and operate their own 500kw CHP anaerobic digestion plant. They are looking to recruit a Plant/Farm Operator for their site in York.
The role will play a vital part in supporting the day-to-day operations of both the anaerobic digestion plant and the pig farming side of the business. The role comes with a salary of up to £35,000 (depending on experience and accommodation option), holiday pay and pension and a genuine opportunity to make a difference to a greener planet.
We are especially keen to hear from those with some exposure to hands on maintenance in an agricultural environment and also experience with livestock (pigs/cattle, poultry) support.
If you're a Plant/Farm operator and are looking to work for an organisation that is established and provides an excellent working environment, then upload your CV to apply today.
|Responsibilities and duties:|
Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will:
- Day to day operations of the Anaerobic Digestion
- Visual plant and equipment fault finding
- Performing first line maintenance
- Feeding the fuel feedstocks into the hoppers/plant
- Be part of a callout rota
- Driving an operating mobile plant, such as a telehandler
- Carrying out pig stockman duties - training can be provided
- Accurate record keeping
- Keeping the site clean an tidy
- Other duties as required
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Holding a valid engineering qualification would be an advantage
- Agriculture qualification would be an advantage
The Plant/Farm Operator role would suit someone who has:
- Experience working in Anaerobic Digestion is an advantage
- Experience working in an agricultural environment with livestock
- Telehandler experience
- Basic first line maintenance experience, such as greasing, oil sampling and filter changes ect
- Be located within 30-45 minutes of the site
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence
- IT Literate
- A genuine desire to learn and develop
|Salary and benefits of the Plant/Farm Operator role:|
- Salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience and accommodation option
- Holiday pay and pension
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference to a greener planet
|How to apply?|
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07441390252 to speak to Aaron Rayner who can tell you more.