Transfer Station Chemist
Salary £25,000- £27,000 Monday- Friday
We are currently recruiting for a Transfer Station Chemist to join one of the industry leaders in hazardous and clinical waste management solutions across the UK. Working as the Transfer Station Chemist, you will be responsible for taking and analysing hazardous waste samples on-site to ensure safe and compliant waste is processed at all times.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assist with the hands-on operation of the hazardous waste site ensuring materials coming onto and off site are consistently safe and compliant to site permits and environmental regulations.
- Assist with compiling lists of wastes to be transferred off site to third party disposal points. Liaising with other staff to ensure correct routing of wastes.
- Assist with non- conformance procedures and sample processing within the site laboratory for incoming waste streams.
- Providing services to customers to enable wastes to be assessed, priced and collected
- Utilise appropriate systems to manage non- compliances.
- Use of FLT/Dump Truck and other mobile plant as required
- Assist with the daily/weekly plan for the operational areas and laboratory, adapt to the unplanned and unexpected to deliver targets, KPI's and other requirements.
- Ensure house-keeping requirements and continuous improvement programmes are supported both directly and through the plant team.
- Partake in improvement of process, contributing to micro project development.
- Undertake area administration activity including Chemist Check sheets, process sheets, stock sheets, production records, etc.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have an appropriate chemistry qualification to degree level as well as experience handling a diverse range of chemical compounds including understanding of inter-reactions.
Some knowledge of hazardous waste or industrial chemistry would be beneficial as well as previous experience working in a site-based role or in an industrial hands-on environment.
This role would suit someone looking to further their career within the chemical sector and an interest in moving into the waste management industry. A NEBOSH certificate or IOSH H&S qualification would also be beneficial.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of £25,000 - £27,000
- Opportunity to progress career in the Chemical and Waste Management industries.
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.