EC&I Engineer - Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for an EC&I Engineer to join the Maintenance Team of a modern Energy from Waste Power Station.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MWe which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 150,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as an EC&I Engineer will include reporting to the Engineering Manager and you will be responsible for:
- Planning and carrying out all EC&I activities including the scheduling of regular maintenance works, outages, shutdowns and plant improvement projects, ensuring all work is carried out safely to maximise plant availability.
- Plant inspections and maintenance includes a variety of equipment including automated equipment, transducers, instrumentation (temperature, flow, pressure, weight etc), continuous emissions monitoring equipment and control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC).
- Provide technical support and insight on specific contracts tenders for EC&I related equipment.
- Purchasing of spare parts and inventory control for all EC&I equipment.
- Supervise any third party contractors on site, administer RAMS and monitor performance of contractors.
- Ensure all work is carried out inline with company legislation, H&S policies and current statutory requirements.
- Maintain and administer the CMM for all EC&I related maintenance / parts.
- Act as an Authorised Person for all High Voltage (HV) up to 33KV.
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- An engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC in Electrical, Controls, Instrumentation or similar industry field. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Ideally, solid knowledge of safe systems of work, safety rules and permit to work system.
- Certified / Authorised for HV work up to 33KV
- Knowledge of EC&I equipment gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel etc will also be considered
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- NEBOSH / IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a newly built Energy from Waste power station
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for this position, please get in touch with Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.