|Financial Controller - Engineering Sector |
Kent or North London (with travel to the other)
Up to £37p/h, Inside IR35
1 year contract, possible extension
|About the role:|
|Astute's Power team is partnering with a large CCGT Power Station to recruit a Financial Controller for its sites in North London and Kent, the candidate can be based at either site with frequent travel to the other site required (expenses covered). |
The Financial Controller role comes with a competitive rate of up to £37 per hour and a benefits package which includes private medical. It is initially a 1-year contract with possible extension.
If you're a Financial Controller or Accountant who has experience within engineering environments and are looking for a new role, then upload your CV to apply today.
|Responsibilities and duties:|
Reporting to the Valuation Manager you will:
- Provide monthly financial reporting of controllable cost and capital, both internally to Plant Management and externally to stakeholders
- Provide input into all planning and forecasting occasions and manage delivery of the site MTP.
- Prepare and disseminate all relevant financial analysis (i.e., plan on plan, actual vs budget etc)
- Manage and steer the annual financial benchmarking process.
- Support all regular and ad-hoc valuation exercises such as impairment testing, portfolio.
- review, deep dive, and capacity market bid strategy
- Work with other finance teams across Uniper to maximise the efficiency of the wider
- finance function
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes.
- Capture any financial risks and opportunities and input into their resolution.
- Manage financial controls on site in line with internal policy and external regulation and brief site management on any emergent issues
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree in relevant subject
- Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Experience in heavy industrial / engineering environment
- Confident using the full Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Power BI a huge benefit
The Financial Controller role would suit someone who has:
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data.
- The ability to identify issues and manage to resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, with both financial and non-financial audiences.
|Salary and benefits of the Financial Controller role:|
- Rate of up to £37 p/h
- Benefits package incl. private medical
- 1 year contract, with possibility of extension
|How to apply?|
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288212 to speak to Ruth Winter who can tell you more.