Mechanical Project Engineer - Steam Turbines
Hybrid working with travel to East Sussex & Holland
6 Month Contract
About the role:
Astute are supporting a specialist EPC contractor who provide full power plant solutions across the UK & Europe. We are currently looking for a Project Engineer with Mechanical & Piping experience to support a new project they have won installing a new Steam Turbine into an existing power station located in Holland.
Initially this role will involve reviewing technical documentation and drawings and coordinating between the end client, turbine manufacturer and design sub-contractor. You'll then be tasking with supporting the delivery of the install on site in Holland.
Responsibilities and duties:
Responsibilities as a Mechanical Project Engineer will include:
- Collaborating to create efficient methods of working
- Maintain project profitability
- Develop specifications and schedules
- Specify job requirements and the parts/equipment/materials needed
- Formulate parameters for each project, including design elements and implementation procedures
- Survey mechanical systems and plans
- Manage and oversee all elements of project delivery from initial site surveys and proposal preparation through to final handover
- Project budget and programme management
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers
- Observe and comply with all good working practices
- Carry out any other reasonable request from the management team
Mechanical Project Engineer requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / related field or equivalent
- Steam Turbine & associated piping experience
- 3+ years of related field and project experience
- CDM and health and safety knowledge
- Excellent project management / organisational skills
Whats on offer:
- Contract opportunity circa 6 months
- Competitive daily rate
- Flexible / hybrid working
- Project delivery in Holland
How to apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 286 to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.