|Principal Mechanical Marine Engineer |
£64,883 - £68,000 plus Benefits
|About the role:|
Astute's Nuclear team is partnering with an industry-leading global defence client with a long history of close cooperation and support for the Royal Navy to recruit a Principal Mechanical Marine Engineer for its Devonport/Bristol /Rosyth site.
The Principal Mechanical Marine Engineer role comes with a salary of up to £64,883, .
If you're a Principal Mechanical Marine Engineer and are looking to work for an organisation that puts integrity and people at the forefront of everything it does then upload your CV to apply today.
|Responsibilities and duties:|
- Be responsible for authoring, reviewing and substantiating Marine and Mechanical designs through calculations, simulations, commissioning and diagnostic test support.
- Lead product development throughout the design lifecycle, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of engineering outputs while providing technical support to clients.
- Primary deliverables are substantiation reports/designs for installation solutions; this can include development/analysis and/or verification/validation of Power and Propulsion designs, development of Auxiliary Ship Systems and/or HVAC for existing and new build/concept designs.
- Reports preparation and production throughout the entire design lifecycle phases ((Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail, Manufacturing, Installation and Decommissioning), in line with recognised standards and to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
- Ensure coordination and functionality of design, including supporting design reviews, and act as Technical Authorities within their area of expertise while leading the design teams and other stakeholders.
- Provide solutions and resolve technical and production queries.
- Adhere to all H&S regulations and standards.
- Support and provide mentoring to the team.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree qualified or minimum of HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered.
The Principal Mechanical Marine Engineer role would suit someone who is:
- A high level of developed knowledge, the role is directly accountable for design development, and determines solutions to problems and issues within their specialist subject area.
- Support to less experienced team members providing help with both their effective working, and their development. Although not essential, defence related design experience and demonstrable experience in appropriate analytical software such as FEA, CFD and/or CAD would be an advantage, as would experience of Power and Propulsion systems, Auxiliary Systems and HVAC.
|Salary and benefits of the role:|
- Up to £68,000.00
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
|How to apply?|
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07441391775 to speak to Sue Greeff who can tell you more.