M&E Maintenance Engineer - District Heating
Barking and Dagenham
Competitive Salary + Benefits (Van & Fuel Card)
About the role:
Astute's Power team are partnering with a local authority who own and operate an energy company specialising in district heating.
The M&E Engineer will play a vital part in the corrective and preventative maintenance activities in all areas of the process which will include plant rooms, district heating pipework and heat metering equipment.
If you have a background working in engineering, District Heating or a similar environment and are looking to work for an organisation that is passionate about energy, then upload your CV to today.
Responsibilities and duties:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining the district heating assets including, boilers, plant rooms, pipework networks and covering corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance
- Assist the team with both electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Be involved with improvements in performance of assets
- Ensure health and safety is adhered to across complex commercial environments
- Travel to surrounding sites to perform maintenance on district heating network
- Participate in call-out rota, 1 in 4
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Hold an ONC/NVQ Level 3+ in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining commercial/domestic heating and pipework systems, heat generation and heat transfer equipment
- Experience with the safe isolation and re-commissioning of plant/pipework and electrical systems
- Health and Safety knowledge - IOSH and/or NEBOSH are desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence
The Maintenance Engineer role would suit someone who is:
- Experienced with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused.
- Engineering background desired
- Great work ethic
Salary and benefits of the Maintenance Engineer role:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- Opportunity to help the development of innovative new systems to decarbonise the UK
- Training and development
How to apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 07488822882 to speak to Joshua Haile who can tell you more.