Multi-Skilled Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Atherstone, West Midlands
£40,000 + Overtime + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join a relatively new Energy from Waste power station in the West Midlands.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for maintenance planning and execution to ensure maximum plant availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on mechanical and electrical assets which includes equipment such as steam boiler, conveyor systems, gearbox, variable speed drives, pumps, motors, etc.
- Planning PPM Schedules and reviewing plant defects
- Update the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) when required
- Supervise external contractors on site during scheduled maintenance and inspections
- Carry out root cause analysis (RCA) to prevent faults from reoccurring
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship or relevant engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC/NVQ Level 3, etc in a Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- At least 2 years' experience working in a heavy process engineering environment such as Power (EfW, Biomass, CCGT, Coal, etc), COMAH site, Refinery, Paper Mill, etc.
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers from LET Level and above will be suitable for this position too and submariners with steam generation experience will be advantageous
- Experience working with CMMS systems
Salary & Benefits
- Basic salary of £40,000
- Other company benefits
- Chance to work at a fairly new EfW Plant
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your updated CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.